Little Millet Porridge(Saamai Kanji)
Millets are filled with abundant nutrients such as magnesium, calcium,manganese,fiber,B vitamins and antioxidants.It helps to protect from heart diseases,lowers bad cholesterol,reduces blood pressure and helps to optimize kidney,liver and immune systems.Millets are cooked very fast and also very easily digestible.
Cooking time: 15 mins
Little millet - 1/3 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Ginger - 1 inch(chopped finely)
Red chili - 1
Curry leaves - few
Sesame oil - 2 tspn
Jeera - 1 tspn
Turmeric - 1/4 tspn
Water -3 cups
Salt to taste
1. Grab all the needed things.
2. Heat a sauce pan.Add oil,jeera,curry leaves and red chilli.
3. Add ginger and saute for few seconds.
4. Add the Millet( wash twice,no need of soaking).Add turmeric and salt.
5. Add water and milk.Close the lid and cook for 10 mins.
6. Switch off and enjoy the hot and healthy Millet porridge for breakfast.
You can try the same recipe in other millets too(barnyard,kodo, foxtail).