We can prepare many variety rice recipes using the healthy MILLETS in the same way as we do in regular white rice. Cooking MILLETS in IP gives a super grainy rice that tastes good for variety rice.
Cooking time: 12 mins
Foxtail Millet / Thinai arisi - 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves -1 1/2 cup (chopped)
Green chilli - 2
Sugar - 1/4 tspn or lemon juice - 1/2 tspn
Bayleaf - 1
Cashews - 4
Ghee - 1 tspn
Oil - 1 tspn
Salt to taste
1. Grab all the ingredients.
2. Rinse the millet. Add 1/2 cup of water to the millet with 2 drops of oil. Cook the millet in pressure cook for 2 whistle.Wait for the pressure to release.
3. Open the lid. Fluff the millet using a fork. Super grainy millet is ready now. Keep it aside.
4. Grind the coriander leaves, green chillies, salt, sugar into a fine paste using a teaspoon of water.
5. Heat a kadaai. Add oil, ghee, bayleaf, cashews.
6. Once the cashews turns golden add the grinded paste. You can add little water to the mixer jar to remove the paste completely sticked in it and add to the kadaai.
7. Cook the masala for about 3-4 minutes or until it becomes like a thick masala or chutney consistency. Switch off.
8. Add the cooked millet to the above mixture. Mix well until the millet gets coated well. If you want you can warm it by heating the kadaai in a slow flame.
9. Yummy Foxtail Millet Coriander Rice is ready to serve.
You can try the same recipe with normal rice too
Adding 2 drops of oil to the millet while cooking gives a separate grainy ones.
Adding sugar or lemon juice while grinding the coriander leaves gives the bright green colour. It avoids the green turning to dark colour.
You can serve this rice with a potato curry for variety rice, potato fry, baby potato fry, cumin pepper egg masala, egg tawa roast.