Foxtail Millet Vegetable Pulao
Healthy lunch box recipe : Foxtail Millet Vegetable Pulao
Cooking time: 20 mins ( Serving: 2 )
Foxtail millet /Thinai arisi - 1 cup (200 ml)
Onion - 1 (small, finely sliced)
Green chillies - 5
Ginger garlic paste - 1 Tbsn
Mint leaves - 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup (chopped)
Sprouts - 1/2 cup
Carrot - 1/4 cup (chopped)
Beans - 1/2 cup (chopped)
Frozen peas - 1/4 cup
Coconut milk - 2 cups(thin milk)
Cinnamon - 1 Inch
Cloves - 3
Cardamom - 2
Bayleaf - 1
Ghee - 1 tspn
Oil - 2 tspn
Salt to taste
1. Grab all the ingredients
2. Switch on the IP. Add oil, ghee, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bayleaf.
3. Add onions, green chillies and saute till it becomes transparent.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes.
5. Add sprouts and all the veggies, salt, mint leaves. Saute for a minute.
6. Add the rinsed millet, coconut milk, coriander leaves. Mix well.
7. Close the lid. Press the manual for 6 mins in High Pressure HP in sealing position. Then do Natural Pressure Release NPR.
8. Open the lid. Mix gently. Enjoy the super healthy pulao with cucumber tomato raita.
It would seems sticky when it is hot. When it becomes warm it will be separate grains.
You can try the same recipe with other millets too.
For millets water ratio is 1:2. You can add 1 cup water and 1 cup coconut milk.
You can try the recipe without coconut milk too if you are diet conscious.
PRESSURE COOKER METHOD:
Cook for about 2 whistles and follow the same method as above.
Chamu Saravanan, CA